Everything you need to know about DJI Care Refresh
Frequently asked questions:
1. What is DJI Care Refresh?
DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
2. How do I purchase DJI Care Refresh for my Inspire 2?
The DJI Care Refresh warranty plan is separately available for the Inspire 2, Zenmuse X4S, Zenmuse X5S and Zenmuse X7 camera. If more than one camera is purchased, DJI Care Refresh can be purchased for each one.
3. How do I purchase and use DJI Care Refresh for the Mavic 2?
If you want to purchase DJI Care Refresh for your Mavic 2, you can purchase it in any available store along with your Mavic 2, or buy it online via the DJI Online Store by selecting Services, and then choosing DJI Care Refresh (Mavic 2).
There are three ways to activate DJI Care Refresh and bind it to your aircraft and gimbal:
- Visit the DJI Care Refresh site directly, then input the activation code and the aircraft’s serial number to bind it to your service plan.
- Visit the DJI Online Store, and after purchasing DJI Care Refresh (Mavic 2), input the serial number of the aircraft to bind it to your DJI Care Refresh plan.
- Visit the DJI Support page and input your activation code and aircraft serial number to bind it to DJI Care Refresh.
To use the replacement service, visit the DJI official website, go to Support, select Repair Services, and then select Online Repair Request.
You will be asked to describe the product’s issue and provide your information. The DJI Repair Center will assess your product, and send you a quotation once a damage assessment is complete.
If you select the Express option, there will not be an assessment of damage responsibility, and the replacement will be sent to you faster than under usual circumstances.
After the application is complete, please send your aircraft and the corresponding gimbal to a DJI Repair Center according to the registered information. The serial number of the replaced product will be updated automatically, which will not affect follow-up services.
4. Can I purchase DJI Care Refresh for a new unactivated camera if my Inspire 2 has been activated for more than 48 hours?
DJI Care Refresh can be purchased for any camera that has not been activated or has been activated for less than 48 hours. The period of validity for each DJI Care Refresh warranty plan is subject to the date stated in the service agreement you will receive via email after your purchase.
5. Which parts can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh?
- Mavic series and Spark: Aircraft, bound gimbal and camera, battery and propellers;
- ЗPhantom 4 Pro series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 3 SE: Aircraft, gimbal, camera, and propellers;
- Inspire 2: Aircraft and propellers;
- Zenmuse X4S, Zenmuse X5S and Zenmuse X7: Gimbal and camera (including lens);
After making a replacement request, send the part needing replacement to DJI.
6. What’s the difference between DJI Care Refresh and a DJI product warranty? Will a DJI product warranty be invalid without purchasing DJI Care Refresh?
A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.
7. Can I extend my DJI Care Refresh?
Yes, if your DJI Care Refresh has not yet expired, and there is at least one product replacement left, then you can purchase DJI Care Refresh + which extends your coverage for one more year as well as prolonging your product’s warranty and provides one more replacement service.
8. How do I replace my aircraft under DJI Care Refresh?
DJI Care Refresh is bound to the product’s S/N. If you want to replace your product, contact DJI Support via phone, email, or live chat. Then send your product to a designated DJI repair center under the instruction of DJI Support staff. Our repair staff will conduct damage assessment and send you an invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can either choose to repair your product or replace the aircraft under DJI Care Refresh. You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement. The replacement’s S/N will be automatically bound to your DJI Care Refresh plan.
9. I have purchased DJI Care Refresh, do I need to bind it to my product?
- If you have purchased a product and select "DJI Care Refresh" with your order on DJI Store, you don’t need to bind the service with it again.
- If you purchase "DJI Care Refresh" activation card, you need enter your activation code and SN of product through that page to activate your DJI Care Refresh.
10. Where can I find the aircraft S/N and gimbal S/N?
Please refer to https://repair.dji.com/product/serial/index for more information.
11. My aircraft crashed into the water. Will replacement be covered under DJI Care Refresh?
Damage occurring after the product has come into contact with water is covered by the DJI Care Refresh. Product that suffers water damage can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh.
12. Does DJI Care Refresh support international coverage?
No, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.
13. Where is DJI Care Refresh available?
At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Store.
14. In which regions is telephone support available?
Telephone support is currently only available in the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China.
Terms Of Service
Thank you for choosing DJI Care Refresh. By purchasing DJI Care Refresh, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these terms. DJI Care Refresh is created by SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "we" or "DJI") to give you peace of mind. DJI agrees to provide replacement products for an additional fee if damage occurs accidentally under normal use to a covered aircraft, gimbal and camera within the period of validity. DJI has a relationship with an insurance company that covers the cost of these programs.
For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units within one year. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. DJI Care Refresh only supports aircraft purchased from official or authorized channels, and its benefits are only eligible in the region where it was purchased.
DJI will cover shipping fees only in the country or region where DJI Care Refresh was purchased. Otherwise, the customer will bear responsibility any shipping and customs fees caused by sending the product from another region. DJI has the right to refuse service in this circumstance.
For Mavic 2, the covered gimbal under DJI Care Refresh is only for the gimbal with its serial number bound to the aircraft. If the gimbal was replaced in DJI’s official repair center (DJI’s official repair center mentioned in this Agreement refers to DJI’s repair centers, official recommended repair centers, and authorized repair centers), the coverage stated in the agreement will be updated automatically and the replaced gimbal will be covered by DJI Care Refresh. The other gimbal that is removed from the aircraft will not be covered.
- For the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced;
- For the Phantom 4 Pro series, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Phantom 3 SE, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, and propellers can be replaced;
- For the Inspire 2, the aircraft and propellers can be replaced;
- For the Zenmuse X4S, X5S and X7, the gimbal and camera (including lens) can be replaced;
DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
- Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories;
- Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product;
- Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions;
- ДRemote controller, battery of Inspire 2,Phantom 4 Pro series and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories;
- Deliberate losses;
- Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product;
- Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure;
- Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity;
- Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements;
- Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger;
- Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software;
- A gimbal that is repaired or replaced in a non-official repair center;
- A gimbal that is removed from the aircraft and replaced by another one in DJI’s official repair center.
III. Replacement Service
DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for the replacement of your product twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated. After replacement, the original product becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining period of the Plan.
IV. Period of Validity of DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months. If you purchase a product with DJI Care Refresh on the official DJI website, it shall take effect on the second day after the date of shipment. If you buy DJI Care Refresh separately on the official DJI website or via other channels, it shall be effective from the date on the service agreement.
V. Replacement Process
- If damage to your DJI product occurs and you are within DJI Care Refresh coverage, contact DJI Support via TEL and ONLINE SUPPORT are preferred.
- Send your product (including the aircraft, gimbal, propellers and battery) based on the DJI Care Refresh warranty plan you have purchased to a DJI designated repair center under the instruction of DJI Support.
- If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Inspire 2), send the aircraft and propellers.
- If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (X4S/X5S/X7), send X4S /X5S/X7 gimbal (including lens).
- If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 3 SE), send the aircraft, gimbal, camera, and propellers.
- If you purchase DJI Care Refresh (Mavic series and Spark), send the aircraft, gimbal, camera and propellers. In order to shorten logistics time, please do not send back the battery if it works well. *If you do not send the required part(s), DJI may require you to send it (them) again or decline your replacement request.
- DO NOT return the remote controller. You will be required to undertake any fees incurred from returning the remote controller.
- For Mavic 2, if your gimbal is replaced in DJI’s official repair center, please send the aircraft and replaced gimbal back. If wrong gimbal and/or additional gimbal is sent back, the generated fees will be covered by the customers themselves.
- DJI Care Refresh provides up to two replacements for your drone. For each replacement service, DJI Care Refresh for the Mavic series and Spark covers only one battery replacement. Please do not send additional batteries or accessories. Otherwise, the customer will be responsible for any related shipping and handling fees.
- If damage to your aircraft occurs and you are within DJI Care Refresh’s coverage, you will receive a quotation about repair fees. You can choose to pay for repair or replace your aircraft. For replacement services, an additional fee will be charged. After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send the replacement to you.
VI. Termination of DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh will be terminated without notice in the following situations:
- The service has expired;
- The aircraft or the gimbal has been repaired in a non-official designated repair center;
- DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for the replacement of your product twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated;
- If the customer is found to have broken a DJI Care Refresh covered product on purpose, the service will be terminated automatically, and DJI will not offer a refund. If a customer is found to be causing accidents for financial gain, DJI reserves the right to take legal action.
VII. Replacement Fee
There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you choose DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. The cost of two-way postage for customers within DJI Care Refresh service areas will be covered by DJI. In other areas, these costs and any associated customer’s duties are at the customer's expense. In all areas, the custom fees are at the customer's expense. Each time the replacement service is requested, subject to your purchase region.
- For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Mini), the first time replacement fee is €40, the second time replacement fee is €49.
- For DJI Care Refresh (Spark), the first time replacement fee is €49, the second time replacement fee is €69.
- For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic 2 series), the first time replacement fee is €119, the second time replacement fee is €139;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Alpine White), the first time replacement fee is €99, the second time replacement fee is €139;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro Platinum), the first time replacement fee is €109, the second time replacement fee is €169;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Air), the first time replacement fee is €89, the second time replacement fee is €119;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Inspire 2), the first time replacement fee is €239, the second time replacement fee is €379;
- For DJI Care Refresh (X4S), the first time replacement fee is €59, the second time replacement fee is €89;
- For DJI Care Refresh (X5S), the first time replacement fee is €179, the second time replacement fee is €269;
- For DJI Care Refresh (X7), the first time replacement fee is €469, the second time replacement fee is €569;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro series), the first time replacement fee is €139, the second time replacement fee is €209;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Advanced), the first time replacement fee is €129, the second time replacement fee is €189;
- For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 3 SE), the first time replacement fee is €89, the second time replacement fee is €99.
VIII. Return and Transfer of DJI Care Refresh
- DJI Care Refresh can be cancelled upon return of the product purchased, according to DJI refund policies.
- DJI Care Refresh cannot be cancelled without returning the product purchased.
- DJI Care Refresh cannot be transferred after purchase.
IX. Personal Information
Please do NOT send SD cards to DJI. DJI shall not be responsible for any damage or loss to the data or personal information stored or saved in your product.